Monday, March 31, 2008

Thing 8 - 50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story


I found this link to be extremely fun, interesting and useful. The site's creator uses the same story about his dog Dominoe and plugs it into fifty different web-sites, thus demonstrating the ability and differences in each of the sites. It was also interesting to view the other examples in the various sites to see how each site is being used.

I previously posted my thoughts on OneTrueMedia, Thumbstacks, and Zoho Show.

I also previously posted an video made on Animoto, which was very easy and fun to do. I liked Animoto so much that I have made several videos for friends using their photos. It has been fun to share this media back and forth between friends.

As you can see from my blog, PictureTrail may be the reason I'm still stuck on Thing 8! It is so fun creating Flicks and it is very easy to use.

The storymapping web-sites intrigue me. I can see this as a fun tool to use to promote a book, in conjunction with a book club, or in an English classroom to coincide with a novel they are reading. The options are really endless. When I have more time, I plan on playing around with these sites a little more.

The timeline creator web-sites also interested me. We have several classes that ask the students to create timelines and this may be a useful tool for them. I plan on exploring these sites a bit more and then sharing them with the appropriate teachers.

All in all, the "50 Web 2.0 Ways to Tell a Story" link had an enormous amount of information. I tried to create something from at least one site in each category, but have bookmarked the site so that I can refer back to it as needed and time permits. It's a great site!

No comments: