Thursday, April 3, 2008

Thing 15 - Second Life and Conclusion

I think that this type of game can show a generation gap. I watch kids, and these games seem like second nature (no pun intended...Second Life). When I tried out Puzzle Pirates, I was on sensory overload. Personally, I think I'll stick to internet games like Herd-A-Word, but it was fun to try something new.

My concern with this type of game is that sometimes people don't know when to say "enough is enough". Actual physical interaction is very important. Even though I do see how having a Second Life presence would be a great tool in reaching the younger population, we need to remember that it is just a "tool" and that living in the actual world trumps a virtual life every day!

That being said, Second Life would give me yet another shopping experience! Cool!

No comments: