Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Barak Obama and Twitter

I have finally figured out a use for Twitter. I think I "get it" now!

At the TIES 2008 conference, I attended a class on using Twitter in the classroom. Through that class, I learned how to search for people with similar interests. After signing up for a Twitter account, you can go to http://search.twitter.com and type in something that you are interested in, i.e.: Web 2.0, quilting, goecaching, etc. A list of people who Twitter about that subject will come up. You can then click on their picture, look at their "tweets" and if you are interested in what they have to say, you click on the "Follow" button below their profile picture. I added the Twitter gadget to my iGoogle homepage so that I can have easy access to the "tweets" of the people I'm following.

I was pleasantly surprised when I checked my e-mail yesterday to discover that Barak Obama has chosen to follow me on Twitter! I forwarded the e-mail to impress my friends and family!

No comments: