Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Skype

I have known about Skype for over a year. I didn't really have much of a reason to use it, so I didn't explore it until last night. My daughter will be going to Europe this Spring and we have been looking at cell phones/plans that she can use over there. I think Skype just might be the answer. I downloaded Skype onto our HP laptop and she downloaded it onto her Mac iBook. We completed our first video call via Skype last night. Skype was really quick and easy to download. Along with the video call capability, you can "call" computer to computer with just audio and/or texting and it is FREE! Skype also allows you to call both cell phones and land lines from your computer, but there is a charge for that type of call. I would encourage everyone to try Skype-ing.

No comments: