Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Have You Tried Jing?


I found a really cool web-site and wanted to share it with you. I have created a bunch of "How-To" handouts for our students for common projects/tasks they do on Microsoft Word and PowerPoint. The Jing web-site allows you to record both your voice and video of your computer screen. I created this video explaining "how-to" use a photograph as a slide background in PowerPoint. It was my first attempt, so is not perfect, but I think this could be very useful. We could put a bunch of "how-to" guides on our library's blog and also add a page to our web-site. Jing was really quite easy to use and I am happy with the results!Also, I recommend that before actually recording the podcast to write down an outline or practice what you plan on saying. Hopefully, the link in this post will work!

PPTVideoW-Voice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Really easy to follow and that dog is so cute!

Anonymous said...

I am going to recommend that our computer teacher Mr. E. allow the kids at BHDT to brows your blog. They might learn something valuable. I liked this. Love from KY.