Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Try Sprout a Widget!

I was reading "PC World" magazine (November 2008) today and saw a blurb about SproutBuilder. Using this website, you can create your own widgets! Of course, I had to try it out, and found the site pretty easy to use. For my first attempt, I used one of their pre-made templates. This was very easy to use, but the drawback is that you cannot edit any part of the template features. So, I then created my own widget from scratch for the Minnesota Mineral Club. The widget includes a main page that links to the Minnesota Mineral Club's website, a photo gallery page, a meeting information page and a map page. There are thumbnails on the bottom of each page to navigate to the different pages. I have my widget posted here on the side bar of my blog, just below my "Schmap!! New Orleans" widget. I also published it on my iGoogle page and plan to add it to my Facebook page. My hope is that the rock shops in Minnesota will add it to their websites. This was a fun website to explore...you should try it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for checking out Sprout Builder, we were very excited to see our web site on the cover of PC World. We are very glad that you found our tool to be easy to use! One thing on the pre-built templates, you can edit the templates by modifying the "master pages" Check out the master pages you tube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNRp81x5MQ4

Thanks again!