Tuesday, April 1, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing 20 - Games

I am not sure how to blog about Thing 20 - Games.  According to the article, When Gaming is Good for You, 42% of computer and video game players are women.  I am one of that 42%.  Although I enjoy trying new games, I typically go back to a couple of favorite games, Bejeweled Blitz, Sudoku, and Cryptoquip.  I get home from work a couple of hours before my husband does.  After doing my daily chores, playing with the dog, and starting supper, I settle in to play a few games on my iPhone.  This is very routine for me.  For this "Thing," I tried a couple of new games.

Bubble Mania
I completed Level 1 in Bubble Mania!
 






Bubble Mania is fun.  Like pool, it helps to know angles for bank shots.  I'm not a math whiz, but I'm thinking this could be a fun activity for math classes when studying angles.













I'm on to Level 4 in Candy Crush!


Candy Crush
Up until now I have avoided the phenomenon that is Candy Crush.  I am already addicted to Bejeweled Blitz and didn't think I needed another time-sucker-upper.  Thing 20 was a good excuse to at least try Candy Crush.  Basically, it is very similar to my beloved Bejeweled Blitz (BB), but I like BB more because the one minute time limit per game makes the game faster.  And, I can then waste quite a bit of time, one minute at a time!












Despicable Me: Minion Rush
I am showing my age now, but this reminds me alot of Donkey Kong.  I am not really into this type of game, but I gave it a try.





 


DrawQuest
This is a fun app, but using my finger on my iPhone is probably not the best way to use the app.  My drawing prompt was "Clean up that mess!"

I drew the "mess" in DrawQuest.

Word Abacus
This is more my type of game, and I tell myself that these are brain games that help keep my brain fit.  Who knows?!?  My best word so far in Word Abacus has been "lasso."  This will make the cut as an app I will keep.

Word Abacus - How many words can you find?


Word Collapse
Other than the creepy music, this is a cool app.  It takes strategy and forethought to figure out the order in which words should be cleared.  This is probably a keeper, too!

Word Collapse - Fruit Mode - What order would you clear the fruit?

No comments: